Your questions answered
How Long will my Urban Tan last?
Approximately 5-7 days. However this can be extended with the correct use of pre and post care products.
How does it work?
Once you have chosen your desired Urban Tan colour and fragrance, our trained therapist will apply your Urban Tan using a spray system. The active ingredients used are DHA (Dihydroxyacetone) and Erythrulose. There originate from sugarbeets / roots and are approved by the FDA (Food, Drugs Administration) for safe use on skin. These ingredients have been used safely in cosmetics for over 30 years.
Can I use Urban Tan in conjunction with a sunbed?
Yes you can. Urban Tan will not prevent your skin from developing a UV tan. It is important to remember that although your will have a lovely tanned skin from Urban Tan sunless spray, Urban Tan DOES NOT contain sunscreens. You must protect yourself outdoors with a sun protection factor cream. You can use sunbed creams and lotions in the normal way.
Can I use Urban Tan if I am pregnant?
It is recommended that your DO NOT have a spray tan during the first trimester (13 weeks) or pregnancy. You MUST NOT use the aroma zone fragrances to personalise your tan at any time during pregnancy. You can only use the unscented Urban Tan. Consult your GP if you are unsure.
I don’t tan in natural sunlight; will I still achieve a result with Urban Tan?
Absolutely YES! This is the perfect solution for those people who want a tan but do not tan in UV light.
Will my tan go orange?
Absolutely NOT! Orange tones are created by the over application often associated with creams and lotions or with products containing too high a percentage of the active ingredients for your skin tone. Urban Tan offers your 4 colour options to prevent this. The colours can also be mixed to accommodate your needs. Your trained therapist will advise you.
Will my skin smell after the application?
DHA and Erythrulose react with the proteins in the skin to develop a tanned result. Some people notice a slight biscuit smell as the products develop on the skin. This is normal and will fade away quickly. Personalising your tan with one of the six Aroma Zone fragrances, will help disguise this.
Can I use Urban Tan if I have sensitive skin?
All Urban Tan solutions are safe to use on the skin. However, if you have ever experienced an allergic reaction to any other self-tanning products, a patch test is recommended 24 hours prior to application.
If you experience any reaction at this point, you should not have the application.
For Best Urban Tan results!
For best Urban Tan results
Before your appointment!
1) You must thoroughly exfoliate and moisturise your skin the day PRIOR to your Urban Tan, to remove all your dead skin. Please DO NOT moisturise on the day of treatment. Daily moisturising using a recommended after care product, AFTER the bronzer is removed (when you shower) will extend your Urban Tan by 2-3 days.
2) Shave or wax at least 24hrs prior to your Urban Tan spray application.
3) Remove all traces of make-up, deodorant and perfume as they can create a barrier.
After your Urban Tan application.
1) Wear loose dark clothing immediately after your Urban Tan application. This avoids the bronzer rubbing off onto lighter garments. The bronzer is water soluble and will wash away. Care should be taken with light undergarments as the colour can hold on the inner linings / Lycra of these garments.
2) DO NOT wear tight items of footwear or clothing that could cause friction and rub marks, for example tight socks, trainers, boots and belts.
3) DO NOT apply moisturiser or liquid make up. Bronzing / loose powder is acceptable as is mascara and lipstick.
4) DO NOT wash your hands for the first 2-3 hours to avoid water marks on the wrists.
5) Leave the Urban Tan application on the skin for a minimum for 6-8 hours. For optimum results, leave on the skin overnight.
6) Shower as usual the following morning. Your Urban Tan sunless application contains a cosmetic bronzer and this will wash off during showering. DO NOT worry, as this is usual and does not affect the end results of your Urban Tan. Pat the skin dry post showering. DO NOT rub. Apply your recommended moisturiser or Urban Tan maintainer whilst the skin is damp.
A few more points to note
DO NOT exfoliate again for at least 5 days post your Urban Tan spray or until the day prior to your next application.
You can have as many applications as you wish, if you desire a darker result. It is recommended you wait 24-48 hours between applications.
DO NOT take part in any exercise or activities whilst your Urban Tan is developing. You can resume your normal activities once the bronzer has been removed in the shower.
DO NOT swim whilst your Urban Tan is developing. Wait until you have showered off the bronzers. Chlorine and salt will fade your Urban Tan faster, as this has a bleaching effect on the skin.
Urban Tan contains NO sunscreens and you must protect yourself in the sun in the normal way.
GET IN TOUCH
020 8330 4054
112 Central Road,
Surrey KT4 8HU.
Copyright 2012. Sularis.
All rights reserved.